Monday, November 13, 2023

Does Your Auto Detailer Have Insurance?


Working in the Auto Detailing & Reconditioning Industry for over 25 years has taught me a lot! One of the biggest things it taught me is that no matter how careful you are, or how many precautions you take, sometimes things happen that are not meant to happen! 

One said example is that one time I was performing a paint correction on a Dodge Durango using a Torq dual-action polisher. While running the polisher on the hood of the Durango, the backing plate snapped off causing my buffer to dig into the paint of the hood causing significant damage! Price of mentioned damage due to equipment failure? Upwards of $700+ for a hood repaint. 

Thankfully, I had business insurance and it didn't cost me a cent but. If it had come out of pocket, my entire day would have been wasted working for free! That's just 1 example of things that could go wrong while servicing a customer vehicle!

Should you be concerned about your detailer being insured? Absolutely! Paint could be burned, motor electrical components could be damaged,  aluminum wheels, or an array of other things could happen causing expensive damage to your vehicle! 

When choosing a business to care for your vehicle protect your vehicle and your peace of mind by making sure the person or company taking care of your vehicle is fully insured! Believe me, if the day ever comes that your vehicle is damaged by someone detailing it, you'll thank me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Your Auto Detailer Have Insurance?

Working in the Auto Detailing & Reconditioning Industry for over 25 years has taught me a lot! One of the biggest things it taught me is...